2015–Present: Marquette University, Diederich College of Communication
Director of Multimedia and Content Strategy (2016 – Present)
In addition to the duties listed for the Multimedia Specialist position, I have taken on these additional responsibilities for the Diederich College of Communication:
• Manage communication strategy across marketing collateral, web content, events, keynote speakers, and social media
• Design, develop, and execute digital marketing campaigns
• Maintain and update all college-related websites using SEO best practices
• Manage budgets for digital marketing campaigns and contract printing
• Oversee graphic design and multimedia production
Web Development and Multimedia Specialist (2015 – 2016)
As a multimedia generalist, I either create or oversee all the marketing materials for the Diederich College of Communication. My responsibilities include:
• Writing for multiple platforms across print, web and video
• Branding and brand writing
• Social media strategy
• Web development projects using HTML, CSS, and PHP
• Graphic design
• Event photography
• Video production and editing
I bring a storytelling approach to our marketing collateral and infuse our content with the enthusiastic spirit that is one of the hallmarks of our college. Faculty and students are excited about their work and growing skill sets, and it is truly a pleasure to work for such a dynamic and successful college. I also mentor, train and manage student interns who assist with various projects. I work closely with them to ensure that they have the skills they need to land their dream jobs in the fields of marketing, advertising and communication.
2006–2015: Aisle Rocket Studios
Copywriter and Content Strategist (2012 – 2015)
• E-commerce: Oversee and mentor copywriting team that conducts keyword research, writes SEO friendly content for more than 1000 Sears.com appliances annually, and implements quality assurance procedures. Review all copy prior to client approval. Manage workloads and collaborate with account team to ensure launch deadlines are met.
• Social: Aggressively drove following and engagement for Whirlpool brands on Shop Your Way. Create unique content, while adhering to standards and voice for each brand. Define goals for each campaign and analyze engagement to develop further strategies. Demonstrated success with viral growth for Maytag brand.
• Print: Write and review a wide variety of production jobs, ranging from 500+ page catalogs, training materials, seasonal hype flyers, POP, brochures, and promotional postcards.
Copywriter / Content Specialist (2007 – 2012)
• Quickly became one of Aisle Rocket’s authorities on appliances. Wrote key features and researched specifications for appliances featured in Sears’ associate-facing Merchandise List Books, product descriptions for all Whirlpool branded appliances sold on Sears.com, and B2B associate-facing materials for Sears and Lowes.
Digital Copywriter (2006 – 2007)
• Wrote B2C emails for Sears and Kmart subscribers. Attended weekly meetings with clients to hear and incorporate feedback. Part of the advertising team that contributed to generating $16 billion in fourth quarter revenue for Sears Holdings.
Clients and Brands
Sears, Kmart, Amana, Kenmore, KitchenAid, Maytag, Whirlpool, Lowes, Home Depot, Kimberly-Clark, LMC Schools
Oxford Learning: Evening / Weekend ACT Instructor (2012 – 2013)
• Designed curriculum and developed strategies that helped students as much as double their scores in individual subjects and increase their overall composites by 25% on average.
2001 – 2005: OfficeMax
Copywriter (2004 – 2005)
• Wrote B2B catalog copy, print ads, direct mail, and emails for OMX subsidiaries Reliable Office Supplies and Boise Cascade. Wrote B2C emails and web banners for OfficeMax retail customers.
Proofreader (2001 – 2004)
• Ensured error-free catalog pages for Reliable Office Supplies, Boise Cascade, and OfficeMax catalogs. Assisted copywriters during high-volume periods.
Southern Illinois University: M.F.A. Creative Writing
University of Dayton: B.A. English
ONGOING CAREER DEVELOPMENT
Coursework in branding, SEO / Google Analytics, and advanced copywriting.